Thursday, March 19, 2009

ABC Carpet and Home



Anyone who knows me at all knows that when I am in New York, this store calls me like a beacon... I don't ever spend a long time there, or a lot of money, but I fell like my obsession with this place is worth a blog posting (though this will probably be the first of many about ABCC&H). The place is visually amazing. There are tons of home accessories, tableware, candles, textiles, etc, absolutely everywhere and piled high to the rafters. The sheer volume of goods creates a quite the textural effect.  Basically I want to touch everything.  You can also pretty much find anything and everything furniture related you'd want at this store.  It's ridiculous the variety of styles and tastes covered by the merch - including everything from retro and modern to shabby chic and serious antiques under one roof of seven floors of glorious interior goods. It's eclectic, but if you have time to pass through it's ALWAYS worth a peak. Planning a trip up soon to manage my withdrawal!   

No comments:

Post a Comment